One brand stands out amongst even our extensive range when it comes to luxury, traditional towel radiators; Vogue. For years Vogue has manufactured an impressive range of designer radiators ranging from state of the art, modern designs, to both classic radiators for your normal living spaces as well as a wide range of high quality mid-high-end traditional towel rails.
Today’s DRS Review takes a closer look at one of these rails named the Vogue Regency, a broad towel radiator with impressive character.
Click to find out more!
View the Vogue Regency *HERE*
- Features a Chrome-finished outer frame, surrounding an inner steel-multicolumn radiator for high heat outputs
- Two manufacturing options are available as the Regency can be made from either Steel or Brass
- The Steel version comes with a huge 15 years manufacturer’s guarantee (3 times the normal 5 year average), while Brass version boasts an enormous 30 year guarantee
- The design’s central body and over-hanging rail is handy for small and large towels, and the heat provided by the Regency will ensure you always have soft, warm towels to dry yourself off with
- Available in both a floor-mounted and wall-mounted
- The Regency is quite large, standing just shy of a metre tall in the floor-mounted version, and at 825mm for the wall mounted version, and both are sizably deep away from the wall, so ample space is needed to comfortably fit this radiator
The Regency both in name and in its demeanour gives you a sense of grandeur and stateliness, bringing the pride of royalty into your en-suite or master bathroom. The floor mounted version is available in both steel and brass variants, while the wall mounted version is available only in brass.
The steel version is fantastic value for money, and when you compare price vs quality, the Steel Regency wins on both counts, and this is reassuringly backed up by the much longer than average 15 year guarantee. The Brass version does push the price up considerably, but the guarantee doubles to 30 years and with it so does the build quality, making it suitable for almost any heating system requirements. Both the steel and brass versions are finished in high quality chrome which brightly gleams, making the Regency look exceptionally stunning.
The floor-mounted version of the Regency is available in either 965mm high (in the steel version) with 3 widths of 540mm/673mm/765mm, or at 938mm high (in the brass version), with widths of 500mm/675mm/735mm
The wall mounted version is available in brass only at 825mm tall, and with widths of 500mm/675mm/735mm.
Both of the brass versions are available with either Vogue’s standard ‘Legacy’ ball joints which feature softly rounded joints for a soft, neat appearance, or alternatively their ‘Originals’ ball joints, for slightly more ornate look at each of the Regency’s six connection points.
On top of these options, the Regency is also available as an electric model, bespoke made. By altering one of the side ball joints Vogue are able to install and electric element to increase the flexibility of the Regency tremendously.
THE DRS VERDICT
Installing the Vogue Regency is a superb way to increase the luxury of your bathroom without needing to plum for extravagant designs. The stately quality of the Regency will be the focal point of your bathroom, and a brilliantly functional one at that.
The Regency’s large design has ample space for all sizes of towels and clothes, and provides enough warmth to either dry them quickly or warm them thoroughly in time for when you need them. Beyond appearance this is the most important aspect for a towel rail, and the quality of the Regency in both steel and brass
Today’s blog is a review of one of our own models; the DRS Brescia.
The Brescia is a curvaceous Aluminium designer radiator that we are going to give you an overview of today, just hit the jump and we’ll get right to it…
AT A GLANCE
- Made from Aluminium and so it is able to convect a lot of heat without using as much water as a steel alternative
- On its own it will slightly reduce your heating bills, but if you change all of your home’s radiators then the savings will be considerable
- A ‘Double’ panel radiator, meaning that it has two sets of heating panels for much higher heat outputs
- Available in both White and Anthracite grey, and both finishes superbly suit the modern home
- Due to its lightweight build it is an easy radiator to receive delivery for and store (and easier for your plumber to fit as well!)
- Very good value for money, in fact, pound for pound our DRS range is sold at such fantastic prices that there aren’t many alternatives which even come close in terms of price vs quality vs heat output
The Brescia takes its name (and the inspiration for its good looks) from the gorgeous Italian city of the same name. The Brescia features a second set of heating panels on its rear side as standard, which allows it to hold nearly double the water, and likewise it produces nearly twice as much warmth for your room.
Each of the Brescia’s slanted panels is paired together with a matching alternately slanted panel which makes for a soft undulation which creates an entirely unique look for the radiator and has been extremely popular with our customers both online and in our showroom.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
The DRS Brescia features our 5 year manufacturer’s guarantee, which is the industry standard for Aluminium models, and so if anything was to turn out to be faulty within that time we would provide a replacement radiator for you and collect your faulty model free of charge.
The Brescia is available in only four sizes;
- Height: 600mm x Width: 560mm
- Height: 600mm x Width: 748mm
- Height: 600mm x Width: 936mm
- Height: 600mm x Width: 1124mm
This means that is isn’t the most flexible radiator out there, however most homes will be able to fit a radiator from the sizes available, it’s just a problem if you have an obscure space available that is particularly wide or short which requires something outside of those sizes, but that’s quite rare.
While the DRS Brescia is our own radiator, we want to give an honest review of it, and overall we feel that while the Brescia is limited by its selection of sizes, it is easily one of our most attractive designs. It produces a good amount of heat without breaking the bank to purchase, leaving you with more funds available to buy the wonderful valves and sleeving kits which finish off the design.
It’s a solid purchase for any home looking for a modern designer radiator to really set off the décor of any room it is put in.
Follow this link to look at our product page for the DRS Brescia, or better yet visit our showroom in sunny Lancashire to have a look at the genuine article!
Today’s DRS review is looking at the luxurious Bisque Arteplano, a vibrant take on the simplest flat radiator design possible. With designs which are 100% completely unique to each and every customer, the Arteplano is an exciting prospect for the design-minded individual.
Hit the jump to find all about this Aluminium work of art…
AT A GLANCE
- Made from Aluminium, and then completed with a gorgeous Brass or Copper exterior
- Each model is finished with a completely individual etching
- Available in a small selection of vertical and horizontal sizes to suit several design arrangements
- Extremely well made, requiring artistic excellence and engineering proficiency to create each model
- High-end price range
- Reasonable heat output for its size and the flat panel design
- Breath-taking appearance
LET’S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK
Bisque take great pride in all of their work, but the Bisque Arteplano is a radiator which they quite rightly make a lot of noise about across their website, brochure and other publications. Each time one is made, not only do Bisque go through all of the normal processes associated with manufacturing from Aluminium, but also have their patination artists work magic on the final product to create a completely distinctive design. No two Arteplano radiators are the same.
Juxtaposing one another wonderfully, the Brass and Copper tones catch your eye and capture your imagination instantly and get your creative juices flowing. These radiators are not just features; they become a huge part of the theme of your decoration, enhancing your décor, your lifestyle and your outlook.
The Artelpano’s hidden engine at the rear circulates hot water throughout its design and provides ample warmth despite a flat panel design which wouldn’t normally produce as much heat as a tubular alternative.
It will not be able to heat an enormous space, but due to the aluminium used for the rear side of the radiator it is able to very efficiently convect heat into the surrounding air very quickly, a much more capably than similar steel alternatives.
The Arteplano is available in three vertical and three horizontal sizes. The height remains the same each time, while the widths change as below;
- 1813mm x 305mm – HJ-180-30
- 1813mm x 453mm – HJ-180-45
- 1813mm x 601mm – HJ-180-60
- 601mm x 1013mm – VJ-56-100
- 601mm x 1213mm – VJ-56-120
- 601mm x 1413m – VJ-56-140
While there aren’t many sizes available for the Arteplano, it is intended to be a work of art that you shape your room around and take tremendous pride in. Vertical models will typically have a grander affect, but the horizontal sizes can be used in interesting ways to make them stand out from the rest.
At DRS we believe that the Arteplano achieves exactly what Bisque set out to do in creating a magnificent feast of colour for the eyes, and while it may not be particularly flexible or be able to heat huge spaces, that was never the intention.
The price point is high in the etched Copper and Brass finishes, but other finishes are available such as Brushed Aluminium and a selection of RAL colours, though the etched variations are the main attraction. Due to the amount of work and the nature of this individual design, we at DRS believe it to be worth the high-end price tag to stimulate any luxury household’s interior.
Take a look at the Arteplano online by clicking here, or if you would prefer you can see the Arteplano here at our wonderful Designer Radiator Showroom in Lancashire, 3 minutes away from the M6 exit at Charnock Richard services!